Officials’ Code of Conduct
As an official in the sport of lacrosse, I have a unique and important role to play. My conduct can impact not only the play of an individual game but in promoting the respect and growth of the game itself. I accept the responsibilities of this role and will strive to fulfill them guided by this Code of Conduct:
- I will represent Lacrosse Scotland in a professional manner at all times. I will ensure that my behaviour, both on and off the field adheres to the principles of professionalism and is in observance of all Lacrosse Scotland policies.
- I will not use illegal and non-doctor prescribed prescription drugs while participating in any Lacrosse Scotland fixture; this includes smoking or use of alcohol while officiating for Lacrosse Scotland.
- I will make a personal commitment to keep myself informed of accepted officiating principles, which includes having a sound understanding of the rules of the game, their applications and current interpretations.
- To the best of my ability, I will enforce the rules of the game as documented in the current official FIL rulebook.
- I will strive to be consistent, objective and under control in the administration of each contest in which I participate.
- I will remain open to advancing my skills by participating in evaluation, discussion, and review with Lacrosse Scotland testers and assessors. I will listen to and respect differing points of view and I will always strive for impartiality.
- I will refrain from discussing in public or through the media, games I have officiated, and decisions made by other officials during their games. I will reserve such reviews for private discussion with other game officials.
- I will treat all participants with courtesy and respect. I will not tolerate discourteous and inappropriate behavior towards any participant in any fixture in which I am officiating.
- I will always ensure that postings I make on any form of social networking site will be professional, conform to the fundamental principles of sportsmanship and not bring myself, other officials, or Lacrosse Scotland into disrepute
- Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action. Such action may result in a formal warning or the official losing their rating.